Today I bumped into a strange issue when upgrading SCCM 2012 to SP1. The installation went well and after checking the eventlog everything seemed to run smoothly.
After I changed the WSUS Sync setting of SCCM to every hour (because of Forefront Endpoint Protection) we noticed that the WSUS server didn’t function properly anymore. The Software Update Point gave the following error:
Log Name: Application
Source: SMS Server
Date: 14-1-2013 12:05:02
Event ID: 6703
Task Category: SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER
Description: On 14-1-2013 12:05:02, component SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER on computer SCCM01-SUP.internal.local reported: WSUS Synchronization failed. Message: WSUS server not configured. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details.. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync. The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error
After some investigation we looked into the SUP properties via Administration, Site Configuration, Servers and Site System Roles.
In the Software Update Point settings we found that SP1 has changed the 8530 and 8531 ports back into 80 and 443 (default)
Well this looked like an easy one; we changed the ports back to where we configured WSUS (8530 and 8531) on and the issue was solved.